Engage allows you to generate unique one-off discount codes to include in emails sent to customers. They are completely unique for each email and can only be used once by a customer.
When creating an Engage automation, you'll find an area on the Message page for including discounts:
If you'd like, you can click the Add Discount button to add one. It will bring up a dialog that looks like this:
You'll find most of the same settings that you see in WooCommerce when generating a coupon. Let's go through them all:
Discount Type: This the type of discount you'd like to offer. It can be one of the following:
- Percentage discount – A percentage discount for the entire cart. For example, if the cart contains three (3) t-shirts @ $20 each = $60, a coupon for 10% off applies a discount of $6.
- Fixed cart discount – A fixed total discount for the entire cart. For example, if the cart contains three (3) t-shirts @ $20 each = $60, a coupon for $10 off gives a discount of $10.
- Fixed product discount – A fixed total discount for selected products only. Customer receives a set amount of discount per item. For example, three (3) t-shirts @ $20 each with a coupon for $10 off applies a discount of $30.
- Subscriptions: Sign Up Fee Discount.
- Subscriptions: Sign Up Fee % Discount.
- Subscriptions: Recurring Product Discount.
- Subscriptions: Recurring Product % Discount.
Amount: Fixed value or percentage, depending on discount type you choose. Entered without a currency unit or a percent sign, which are added automatically, e.g., Enter ’20’ for $20 or 20%.
Expires In: How many days after being generated and sent that the coupon should expire. Leave it blank if there should be no expiry.
Code Prefix: Metorik will generate a random coupon code for each automation by default. By adding a prefix, we'll add it to the start of each code, so instead of being for e.g., '9213AI20P', it would be 'XMAS9213AI20P'.
Allow Free Shipping: Removes shipping cost when coupon is used. Requires Free Shipping to be enabled.
Individual Use Only: Check the box if you don’t want this coupon to be used in combination with other coupons. By default, this is checked.