Custom order statuses
By default, WooCommerce has several order statuses that let you know how far along an order is in its lifecycle. You can read more about the default statuses in WooCommerce's documentation here.
Additionally, you can add custom statuses either with custom code or a plugin like this one (paid) or this one (free).
Metorik has full support for both the default statuses and custom ones. You can:
- Exclude any statuses from reports - read the doc here.
- Segment orders on the orders page by status (segmenting docs here).
- See the stats for each status side by side on the orders report.
- Format how every status (default and custom ones) is shown in Metorik - we'll talk about this below.
Metorik keeps track of all the statuses on your site automatically. If you've added a new one and it isn't showing immediately, you can either wait a few hours and it will show then or you can update the possible statuses using the tool in the store connection settings here.
Store admins can find the status settings in the store settings here. It looks a little bit like this:
First you'll notice that it shows all statuses in a table. For each status, you can see the slug/ID, the name, the icon, and the color. The names are automatically loaded in from what you've set them to in WooCommerce.
If you'd like to completely refresh the statuses shown so it loads in the default names/icons/colors, you can click the Refresh Statuses button.
To edit the names, icons, and colors used, click the Edit button and you'll be able to customise each of these:
We will then use the custom names, icons, and colors chosen throughout the Metorik app whenever a status is mentioned.
A couple of things to note:
- You can use any icon from Font Awesome (including Pro). Find all the available icons and the codes for them in the Font Awesome docs here.
- The changes made in Metorik will not change anything in WooCommerce.