WooCommerce: Sending receipts with Engage
Using Engage, you can easily send order receipts to your customers.
To get this done:
1. Create a new Engage automation from template:
2. Select the order marked processing template:
Depending on the flow of your order fulfilment, you could use the order completed template instead.
3. On the message tab, you will see that a receipt template has already been populated:
Feel free to add/edit the text, or add any other variables and components.
4. Click the preview button to see that the actual email receipt will look like:
Or send yourself a test email:
5. That's it! Click activate automation and you are ready to go. Just remember to disable the order processing email from your WooCommerce admin.
Unfortunately, Shopify doesn't let you disable the order confirmation email; as such, you will need to keep sending this through Shopify. We would recommend editing the template to include a minimal amount of information — and then sending follow up emails via Engage. For example, perhaps you might want to send an email containing some information about the product in the order — this can be sent through Engage.