How to add a custom segment to the dashboard
Adding your own custom segments to the dashboard can help you customise Metorik to the exact needs of your store.
To do this, you will first need to create and save a custom segment. Once the segment is saved, you can then add this as a card on your dashboard (like any other KPI or segment).
In this article
Creating a custom segment
1. Head to one of your segmenting pages. We are going to create a customer segment, so we will go to our customer segmenting page.
2. Stack as many filters as you need to achieve your desired custom segment. In this case, I want customers:
- From the USA
- That have spent over $100
- And have purchased the records Sola or Varech
3. Click the save segment button and name your new custom segment. You can choose whether this segment will be visible just for you, or for the whole team:
That's all for the segmenting part. For more information on how to segment in Metorik, have a read of our segmenting doc.
Adding your custom segment to the dashboard
1. Head to your dashboard.
2. Click the customise button:
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and add a new card:
4. Choose either segment total (KPIs and metrics) or segment list (list of orders, customers etc...). For this example, I'm going to choose segment total.
5. Choose which resource (customers in this case), then select the custom segment you just created from the list, and finally whether to display all stats or just one stat:
6. Scroll back up to the top and click save. If you are creating a new custom dashboard for the first time, you will need to name it now.
7. You will now see your new custom segment saved as a card on your dashboard:
8. As a final point, you will see that in the top right corner of the card there is an 'all-time' tag. This is because segments are not impacted by the dashboard date selector, which is located in the top right corner. Segment cards will just display all-time stats of the segment.
If you want the segment card to show stats for a certain time period, then you will need to add this filter to the segment. For example, if we wanted our custom segment to show only customers that joined in the past month, we would need to edit it like this:
And the dashboard card will automatically reflect this change:
That's it, you have now successfully added a custom segment to the dashboard! For more information on customising the dashboard, have a read of Customising the Dashboard.