Migrating your store from WooCommerce to Shopify
If you are migrating your store from WooCommerce to Shopify, there are a few things you need to know to make sure Metorik continues running smoothly.
Your new Shopify store will be considered a completely separate store from your WooCommerce store in Metorik. This means, that you will need to add it as a new store to Metorik.
PS. You can use our link to get a 14-day trial with Shopify - start here.
Historical WooCommerce Data
In terms of keeping your historical WooCommerce data you have two options:
- When moving to Shopify, migrate all your data over from WooCommerce (orders, customers, products etc...). Then when you add your Shopify store to Metorik, all this data will be imported over as well. Take a look at our guide on how to to do. Once you have done this and added your new store to Metorik, you can cancel your old WooCommerce Metorik subscription.
- Tip: Make sure you set the 'processed_at' field on orders in Shopify, as Metorik needs this to determine when the order was 'created' originally.
- If you are starting fresh with your Shopify store and don't want to import your data across, you can keep your old WooCommerce store stored in Metorik. A few things to note:
- We absolutely recommend that you keep another backup of your WooCommerce data and not only rely on Metorik as the only source of this data — as we cannot guarantee that it will be stored forever.
- Once you have started a new subscription for your Shopify store, contact us about keeping your WooCommerce store in Metorik under your new Shopify subscription.
Regarding all your Metorik specific data, like segments, dashboards, and automations — after you have added your Shopify store to Metorik, send us an email and we will try to move over whatever we can to your new store.
Metorik Billing for Shopify
How you pay for Metorik will be different now that it's for a Shopify store. With WooCommerce stores, we bill your credit card directly, but for Shopify, billing is done through Shopify's billing system.
That means that when you pay for your monthly Shopify subscription, Metorik's subscription will be added directly to this. You can read more about this in Shopify's billing docs and in our billing for multiple stores doc.